Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Who is the BNG?
BNG is a conglomerate of former athletes, alumni and Ohioans across the country.
- What does BNG stand for?
Buckeye Networking Group
- When did BNG begin?
The Buckeye Networking Group concept was created in August 2005 by the founder Michael “Buster” Tillman, a Former Buckeye Standout Football Player, Ohio State Alum & Current Ohio Business Professional.
- Do I have to be a Former Ohio State Athlete or Ohio State Alumni to JOIN?
NO!! The BNG does not alienate any particular individual looking to promote his or her business. This organization welcomes any Ohio Business professional who used to reside or currently resides in the great State of OHIO. Anyone who once lived or currently lives in OHIO is considered an OHIOAN to the BNG. Ohio is symbolic of the Buckeye State and the BNG wants all OHIOANS to take advantage of this business portal.
- What is so good about the BNG?
BNG is not just another network. It connects you with former athletes & Alumni from across the country as well as Ohio businesses.
- What is the membership cost to be a part of BNG?
Memberships range from free to $300 per year. Go to our membership page for more details.
- Why is it better to signup for BNG rather than Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn?
BNG is your gateway to former athletes, alumni and Ohio businesses. BNG is a complement to Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. We are also in all three social media sites.
- How can BNG help my business?
BNG’s customer service team can connect you with other Ohioans in Ohio or across the country based on your sales criteria and who you wish to include in your circle of influence.
- Is BNG more than just a social group?
Yes, BNG is more than just a social group. It can assist you in increasing your profit margin by keeping you connected to those people that are potential customers.
- Can I 'LIKE' BNG and connect through Facebook?
We are still in the design stage of connecting BNG through social media. We will let you know when you will be able to do this.
- Who is BNG associated with and how can I associate with them too?
BNG is associated with former athletes, alumni and Ohioans in Ohio and across the country.
- Is BNG business-to-business or business-to-customer?
Both! BNG brings businesses and people together to help facilitate the relationship and create more for our customers’ bottom line.
- Why is it so important to be connected to BNG?
BNG is well connected throughout the community. We have former athletes and Ohioans across the country.
- Can BNG help me connect all over the country or just in Ohio?
- Is BNG networked with any other organizations in Ohio and in the country?
Yes and Yes! Our former athletes, alumni and Ohioans are everywhere!! We can facilitate these relationships based on your sales criteria and demographics.
- How can I advertise with BNG and what is the cost to do this?
Yes, advertising with BNG is extremely helpful. You will have more opportunity for your ads to appear on different pages and be in forefront of all the members of BNG.
- What are the incentives for advertising with BNG?
Face time! Based on your advertising package and membership status, you will receive data from our customer service team that will assist you in your search for more business relationships.
- Will BNG help me connect with other companies if I advertise with them?
Yes, as long as you are a paying member of BNG. Our customer service team will help you connect with area businesses.
- Do I get free membership when I advertise with BNG?
Although it is possible for everyone to get a free membership to BNG, advertisers will be able to have their message reach all of our members.
- What events will BNG host in order for me to network with other companies?
BNG will host 3 events throughout the year. We will also inform you of other networking events throughout Ohio and other states through our relationships with other members.
- Can I hire BNG to help me with my sales?
BNG is here to facilitate your business connections. We are not your sales team.